The Whitted Group for Healing is a practice working exclusively with women. We see Teen women through Senior women and celebrate each life phase. We provide individual therapy, group therapy, EMDR, DBT skills-training groups, and Trauma-informed Yoga and Body Work. Our practice is different from others in our many offerings for group work around different issues impacting women today. We have many groups to support you!
With our backgrounds treating mood, anxiety, trauma, and perinatal/post-partum illnesses in mental health facilities, we learned that the one thing all of these facilities use in their Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Programs is Group Therapy. They do not offer individual therapy in these programs. The reason is clear and supported by many studies- Group Therapy has the best outcomes! Most people do not know this and assume that individual therapy is best, but this is not so.
Group therapy allows you to grow in so many ways. It can:
- Offer a safe space for you speak honestly, without worrying how it will impact family or friends.
- Practice authenticity, just being yourself without carrying your other “roles” into group.
- Choose to speak when you have something to say vs. remaining quiet and letting others “have the time.”
- Express disagreement or have healthy conflict with another person in a supported environment.
- Accept care and compliments from others. This tends to be really hard for women!
- Allow you to challenge old beliefs about yourself and begin to discover and show the “Real Me” inside of you.
- Teach you that other women are trustworthy and allow for intimacy with other women.
If you have never participated in group therapy before, consider giving yourself this gift. It is a wonderful and healing experience! We are privileged to offer this service to you, Contact us to today to learn what groups may be for you!